Spend a day relaxing and rejuvenating the body and mind with a series of guided meditations, deep relaxations, gentle postures and energising breath practice. Learn Observation of the Natural Breath and Loving Kindness Meditation.
Recordings will be provided for home practice.
Suitable for beginners
We try our best not to let stress and strain accumulate, however there is often a build-up of tension in the body and mind as we deal with the demands of daily life. The day is designed to de-stress, detox, release and restore as we practice yoga with gentleness and compassion.
This course will integrate various aspects of yoga for complete wellbeing and will be enjoyed by those who wish to practice in a holistic, authentic and integrated way.
The day will include:
- Deep relaxation of the body and mind with a traditional meditation practiced lying down.
- Gentle stretching and movement of the body through the practice of restorative postures.
- Pranayama breathing with deep inhalation and exhalation, directing the breath to every cell in the body through a sequence of simple but powerful exercises.
- Introduction to Observation of the Natural Breath Meditation and Loving Kindness Meditation through guided practice, both techniques are central to yoga and mindfulness traditions.
- A short theory session that explains key principles in the system of yoga and gives an introduction to its history, practices and purpose.
Course taught by Anna Bhushan
Anna has practiced in established meditation traditions since her childhood. Since 2003 she has been training closely with Dr. Kumar and working to bring the benefits of yoga to people in the UK. Anna is a meditation teacher trainer and a trustee of The Yoga Healing Foundation. A Senior Lecturer at Cardiff Metropolitan University, her research explores the application of meditation practice into Higher Education contexts, particularly for the purpose of enhancing wellbeing and creativity.
We have a number of bursary places that are funded by the charity to cover the Course Fee for anyone who is unable to meet the cost. If you would like to apply for a bursary please email email@example.com for an application form. The process is very easy.
Bursary application deadline: 14th March 2019
How to Book
We divide payments into a compulsory Course Fee and a voluntary Suggested Minimum Donation.
The Course Fee covers the basic costs of running the courses. All Traditional Yoga teachers are volunteers. The Donation recognises the value of the teaching and supports our charitable work in the UK and India. For more information about the charity please click here.
Course Fee: £35
Suggested Donation: £10
STEP 1. Course Fee
Please click below to make a payment of the course fee. Please choose a single booking or a multiple if booking for friends too.
STEP 2. Suggested Charitable Donation £10
Please make a donation in recognition of the teaching and to support our charitable projects in India and the UK.