Meditation Teacher Training, Geneva
Friday, March 27, 2020 @ 9:00 am - Sunday, March 29, 2020 @ 6:00 pmCHF500
Become a teacher of natural breath awareness meditation, known in Sanskrit as Prana Samyama.
Based on Sage Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, this course is suitable for those who wish to explore the depths of Yoga and learn how to work with the mind in order to bring deep transformation and peace.
This teacher training course will be of particular interest to yoga teachers and trainees looking to integrate meditation into their teaching, in an authentic, informed and systematic way. Also for meditation practitioners who are inspired to teach within their own profession or community. At the heart of the course is the teaching and guided meditation recordings of Dr. Kumar. These recordings are given as a teaching resource to those who complete the training.
Three Day Training Course -24 hours total
Location: A FLEUR DE PEAU
Centre d’expression corporelle et de bien-être.
13 rue du Fort-Barreau – 1201 Genève
To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meditation on the natural breath is central to Yoga and Dhamma systems, its purpose is to bring balance and harmony to the mind. In the long term it has the power to transform mental habit patterns leading to profound happiness and peace. The practice is rooted in the traditions from which contemporary models of mindfulness arise. An awareness of the original philosophical and ethical context is fundamental to a good understanding of meditation practice.
Benefits of the technique include
- The release of deep stress
- This technique bathes the mind and frees it from the accumulated reactions that build up through our lives leaving the mind lighter, clearer and more peaceful.
- Greater concentration and focus
- The observed breath (prana) travels to every cell in the body bringing harmony and health
- An increasingly balanced, positive and contented mind
- Increased will power, independence and compassion
- Transformation of unhelpful tendencies of the mind
- Subtler awareness of self and others
- Observation of the natural breath enables mindfulness of the present, not just at the surface but at three levels of the mind, the conscious, sub-consious and unconscious.
Course designed by Dr. Kumar
Dr. Kumar is internationally recognized as an inspirational yoga and meditation teacher aswell as an award-winning scientist. His teaching is informed by his extensive experiential and theoretical knowledge, developed through his education in more than 37 schools of Hatha yoga and 50 traditions of meditation and progressed through decades of self-practice. This training program designed by him keeps us connected to the source, the lineage and the philosophical principles that are essential to maintain the purity of the original techniques and benefit from them fully. They are not adapted, modified or decontextualized, yet they are secular, systematic and scientific. What is distinctive about this teacher training course is its commitment to present original ancient teachings, in their whole and undiluted practical form for a contemporary audience. Dr Kumar’s guided meditation recordings are at the heart of the training and available to all graduating teachers.
Click here to read more about Dr. Kumar.
Course taught by Anna Bhushan
The course will be taught by teacher trainer, Anna Bhushan based on a systematic program conceived by Dr. Kumar. Anna has practiced in established meditation traditions since her childhood. Since 2003 she has been training closely with Dr. Kumar and working to bring the benefits of meditation to people in the UK. Outside of her work as a trustee and teacher for The Yoga Healing Foundation, Anna is a Senior Lecturer in Art & Design. Her academic research explores the application of meditation practice into Higher Education contexts, particularly for the purpose of enhancing wellbeing and creativity.
Training and Certification
During the course you will
- Gain a deep understanding of the technique in both theory and practice.
- Develop the knowledge of how this technique relates to other meditation practices, and why it is central to the Yoga system.
- Understand the stages of meditation and their systematic development
- Learn the skills to facilitate your students practice and answer their questions
- Be provided with a comprehensive, easy-to-follow handbook covering all aspects of instruction and guided meditation recordings.
You are welcome to attend the training without completing the other criteria outlined below, however, these are required in order to receive a certificate of competency to teach. 24 hours CPD certificates of attendance will be available for all those who attend the three days.
- A certificate of competency to teach will be issued to students who already hold a qualification in yoga or a complementary therapy, (for example a 200 hour yoga teacher training qualification) and who complete the additional steps below.
- Course assignment: A reflective statement on the subject of natural breath meditation that can be submitted either as a 1000 word essay or a 5 minute video or audio recording. This will be based on the content covered during the training and details will be given at the end of the course. This must be completed within 6 months of the training course.
- Requisite self-practice component for certification: To attend a Traditional Yoga Awareness Meditation Weekend or a residential retreat within 6 months of the training. This is so that you have had personal experience of practicing the technique before you begin to teach. The weekend course fee is included in the training course cost, but you are still invited to make the suggested donation. Click here for the Weekend Course calendar.
Course Cost: £400 (equivalent in Swiss Francs, currently ca. SFR 500)
Bursaries available, please email email@example.com for an application form.
Bursary deadline February 20th 2019.
All course participants will be given an exclusive handbook, beautifully illustrated, printed and simply bound for easy use in class.
Teaching Prana Samyama is a practical step by step guide on how to teach the technique. It includes a frequently asked questions section, practical tips as well as an outline of key guidance.
All participants will also be given the slide presentation resources from the course for reference.
Guided Meditation App
An App for iphone and android is available for attendees of the course, containing guided meditations that can be used for home practice and/ or as a teaching resource.
Only available for course participants.
A popular feature of the course is that as a charity we offer a mentoring scheme for everyone who attends the training, to help them get started and to support them during their teaching on an ongoing basis. We also hold teachers meetings around 3 times a year which all course graduates are invited to. These are experience sharing sessions and they include meditation, discussion, training refresher and development, and general advice. People value the community aspect of these and find them very supportive and helpful.
Expressions of interest and booking enquiries
Please direct booking enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and questions about the course content to email@example.com
Video testimonials by meditation teachers and practitioners
Testimonials from previous training courses
“The Traditional Yoga Meditation Teacher Training course was exactly what I had hoped for, and more. Since the course I feel energised and have gained momentum to continue deepening my own personal practice. I was taught by Anna Bhushan whose knowledge and explanations resonate immense clarity and spark further interest. There was a perfect balance between theory (spiritual, psychological and scientific) and practice with great emphasis on the origins of the Traditional Yoga meditation method as well as different types of meditation practices and the differences between them all. The environment was one of support and non-judgment creating a safe space to learn and practice together. The booklets received titled Understanding Samyama and Teaching Samyama are structured enabling great reference points for when you do go on to teach. I would highly recommend this course.”Jigna Modha
“Highly recommend this course to anyone seeking a deeper understanding of meditation. I have been meditating for several years and have learned so much more from attending this course. The teaching was clear, precise and supportive.”
“I came away from this course with a full understanding of the requirements to teach this method of meditation.”
“It has been a life changing experience. After nearly 16 years of meditation and yoga this was the training that helped me find my way.”
“In enjoy the wholesomeness of learning with such an honourable organisation as The Yoga Healing Foundation”
“Brilliant course materials”
“Anna explained the theory and the practice in a clear and concise way breaking down difficult concepts.”
Testimonial from Vanessa Nelson, a yoga teacher who graduated from the 2016 course and then registered as a Traditional Yoga Meditation Teacher. She is now teaching weekly classes and has had excellent feedback from her students.
“Fantastic course for anyone wishing to teach meditation. The course was wonderfully presented by Anna, an incredibly inspiring teacher, and the supporting teaching materials and recordings we received are invaluable resources for any teacher. The mentoring scheme and ongoing support for all new teachers is very reassuring – to know that no question will go unanswered has given me the confidence to teach and share this life-changing meditation technique with my students. Teaching Prana Samyama is incredibly rewarding, I highly recommend this course!” – Vanessa Nelson