Spend a day relaxing and rejuvenating the body and mind with a series of guided meditations, deep relaxations, gentle postures and energising breath practice. Learn Observation of the Natural Breath and Loving Kindness Meditation.
Recordings will be provided for home practice.
Suitable for beginners
We try our best not to let stress and strain accumulate, however there is often a build-up of tension in the body and mind as we deal with the demands of daily life. The day is designed to de-stress, detox, release and restore as we practice yoga with gentleness and compassion.
This course will integrate various aspects of yoga for complete wellbeing and will be enjoyed by those who wish to practice in a holistic, authentic and integrated way.
The day will include:
- Deep relaxation of the body and mind with a traditional meditation practiced lying down.
- Gentle stretching and movement of the body through the practice of restorative postures.
- Pranayama breathing with deep inhalation and exhalation, directing the breath to every cell in the body through a sequence of simple but powerful exercises.
- Introduction to Observation of the Natural Breath Meditation and Loving Kindness Meditation through guided practice, both techniques are central to yoga and mindfulness traditions.
- A short theory session that explains key principles in the system of yoga and gives an introduction to its history, practices and purpose.
Course taught by Christoph Heintzeler and Jeannie Phillips
Christoph has been practising Yoga for 30 years in many traditions and is grateful for the knowledge that has been shared with him by renowned teachers in Europe and India. He has been attending retreats with Dr Kumar since 2014 twice a year and has completed an advanced Yoga teacher training course under the guidance of Dr Kumar in Hyderabad in 2015. He is keen to share the deep insight he gained into the Yoga Tradition. Christoph’s health has benefitted enormously from practising Yoga and meditation and the profound changes this has brought to his life. Christoph works with vulnerable adults for a London Local Authority. He lives and teaches yoga and meditation in Central London to individuals and groups.
Jeanie has been practising and teaching yoga for many years. She believes that yoga and meditation bring great mental and physical
benefits and are a force for good in a challenging world. Spanning the years, her most influential teachers have all had a traditional background, respecting the values and teachings of classical yoga. Her alliance with the Traditional Yoga organisation was therefore a natural and very welcome one. Subsequently learning about the Prana Samyama meditation method and experiencing Dr Kumar’s teaching brought a new depth to Jeanie’’s practice and her own teaching. Jeanie teaches yoga and meditation in Islington and Suffolk. Her classes are friendly, encouraging and inclusive.
How to Book
To book contact
Payment of £20 can be made in advance or in cash on the day.
All proceeds go to The Yoga Healing Foundation and supports our charitable work in the UK and India. For more information about the charity please click here.